- Conducting Batch Processes in SolidWorks can be computer intensive and should be done on a batch/job/task server
- EPDM out of the box tasks are not powerful enough or configurable to meet the majority of customer batching printing/pdf generation needs
- Creating of such custom tasks in EPDM requires advanced programming expertise
- xML’s Batch Print/PDF Generation proprietary tool is configured to meet the needs of many of our customers based on our extensive experience which has allowed xLM to anticipate a variety of customer requirements. This tool is based on the EPDM task functionality.
- The ability to select a parent assembly and print pdf/ generate all drawings for all children in the assembly and subassemblies
- The ability to dynamically add data to the printed drawing such as job number or other specific attributes for each batch print / pdf generation
- The ability to allow the user to select more than one file and send it to a batch server to be printed / pdf generated
- The ability to specify printing parameters such as: page size and number of copies to print
- Printing and PDF generation for many different file formats beyond SolidWorks.
- Can be controlled through a menu pick in EPDM or a workflow
- Detailed error log reporting to trouble shoot batch processing issues
- The tool can be expandable to meet very specific customer requirements
- Frees up the end user to concentrate on actual work while such computer processing is off loaded to a batch server
- Easy to use and implement